Welcome to the Get Crafty section of this blog. Along side my own craft suggestions (stART, How to, books etc), that you can view through my “regular post”, I am hosting Get Crafty once a month (please scroll to the bottom of page to get Badge embed code for your blog!).
Next themes (subject to change):
- Christmas Get Crafty, submit by Tues 28 Sept 2010 – LAST YEAR’S posts MORE than welcomed, this Get Crafty is designed to inspire people to get crafty for Christmas and give them time to think about things they want to get hold off in order to “make”. Would love the crafts to have elements of Christmas incorporated (i.e not “just” making of gifts, but things like little snowmen, stars, snowflakes, trees etc etc. However anything goes!
- Autumn Get Crafty, submit by Friday 29 Oct 2010 – Let’s see sticks, leaves, chestnuts, cones, oranges, reds and browns… be inspired yet again by nature, but this time autumnal nature!
- White Get Crafty, submit by Sunday 28 Nov 2010. Some call winter bleak. But there is beauty in whiteness… anything white. It does not HAVE to be Christmas, but can be if you wish! So long as there is some white! Show me doves, snowy landscapes, snowmen, angels, white fluffy bunnies…
- Recycled Get Crafty, submit by Wed 29 Dec 2010. As Christmas produces SOO much waste, help us collect ideas of what to make out of throw away goods, so that AFTER Christmas people have some ideas of what to make out all those boxes, wrapping paper and ribbons. Needless to say, your recycled crafts do not have to be limited to these items! As always anything goes. Inspire us!
Old posts always welcomed.
Now to some background:
What is Get Crafty?
Get Crafty is a monthly “Craft Carnival” – a collection of carfty activities by people around the world wide web… Craft ideas for both big AND small. It is there to exchange ideas and inspire others to give new things a go. A bit of fun for everyone! I sell Artwork with the aim of “Bringing Colour & Art to Children’s Hearts” – I think Get Crafty really adds to this!
What are the “rules”?
There are no “real” rules, save for, that I do want to avoid “show casing” products. It is ok, if you want to show something that you made (and that others may not be able to copy), just because you are proud of it – e.g. if it is part of a blog you wrote etc. I don’t want this to be a sales channel, as people won’t look at the links and what’s the point of that!?
Each month, I will post a theme (e.g. something Red you made) and you just submit your suggestions either in the comments page or by sending me an email to info (at) redtedart (dot) com. I will write it all up and post at the beginning of the next month!!
Can anyone take part?
Yes! Big, small, anyone! Just make sure it is a craft project and not an item for sale!!
Why not be super nice and NOMINATE someone’s project? That would give them a nice surprise!
What do I need to do to take part?
Write something on the comments section of the LATEST Get Crafty post (where the month’s theme will also be highlighted) or send me an email to info (at) redtedart (dot) com. Send it by the date stated!
Where can I read latest / older posts?
Click on the following links:
- September – Yellow Get Crafty
- August – Summer Get Crafty + Sept theme: Yellow
- July – Made by Man + August theme: Summer
- June – Inspired by Nature + theme July: ManMade
- May – All things Red + theme June 2010: Nature
- April – Nominations Theme + theme May 2010: Red
- Launching Get Crafty + theme April 2010: Nominations
Badges embed code:
Get Crafty (general)