Time for our weekly “The Gallery” contribution. This week’s topic is – Portraits!
Let’s start with a Wiki Definition:
“A portrait is a painting, photograph, sculpture, or other artistic representation of a person, in which the face and its expression is predominant. The intent is to display the likeness, personality, and even the mood of the person. For this reason, in photography a portrait is generally not a snapshot, but a composed image of a person in a still position. A portrait often shows a person looking directly at the painter or photographer, in order to most successfully engage the subject with the viewer.”
So, I would like to do one of both my children – they haven’t really featured yet, so I guess now is the time!
We did a “home photo” shoot a couple of weeks back. I wanted to capture her in her “baby glory”. So here she is. This is what it tells you about her:
— she loves her feet
– she loves her toys
– she scratches herself when furstrated (see little nick by nose)
– she is a wee bit sceptical of the camera!
2) Red Ted aged 20 mths
– as per the Wiki definition, I am “sneaking” in a painting!
– he loves the camera (now loves HOLDING the camera)
– he loves playing with daddy (this was taken with daddy)
– he is a very happy chap
– he inspired pop art kid portraits (the image you are all familiar with for “Red Ted Art”)
Join me on Facebook for a chance to win one of these portraits of your child!! When I have reached 200 “friends” on Facebook, I will draw a lucky winner! In the short term you all stand the chance to win some lovely “Owls in the Wood” bunting.
Previous Gallery Posts: